The Newark Museum of Art pass is available to borrow for Demarest residents only. It can be borrowed for 7 days. It can not be renewed. To borrow a museum pass, your library card must be in good standing – not expired or blocked for fines or fees.
How to borrow a museum pass:
- Call the library when we open. (See our hours here.) Tell us the day you would like to pick up the pass and we will tell you whether or not it’s available. If it is, we will ask you for your library card number and reserve the pass for you for that day.
- Bring your library card and photo ID to the library on the day you have reserved the pass. We will ask you to read and sign the museum pass policy. The pass will be checked out to your card, just like a book, and you will be given a receipt with the due date. The due date is set when you reserve the pass and does not change if you pick up the pass later than your reserved date.
- Make a reservation for a timed entry ticket online. Select the payment option “Free”.
- Present the museum pass when you visit for free admission for you and your guests. (We recommend you bring your library card as well, as museums sometimes ask to see it before accepting the pass.)
- Return the museum pass to the Demarest Library on or before the due date to avoid late fees – you will be charged $25.00 a day if the pass is overdue! Make sure to return the bag we gave you the pass in. Museum passes must be returned inside the library. Do not return museum passes to another library.
What does the NMoA pass get me?
- Free admission for two adults and all children in their household to the Newark Museum of Art and it’s planetarium
- 10% discount at museum shop and café