The Library is happy to provide basic Notary service to our patrons. Please see below for details and restrictions on this service.
- Please call ahead of time to make appointments. We cannot guarantee a notary will be available unless an appointment is made. Notary service is available weekdays from 9:00am to 5:00pm. Ask for the Notary at the upstairs Circulation Desk
- The Notary will only attest to documents signed in their presence and presented with a valid photo ID with signature. A current driver’s license or passport is recommended. The person whose signature is being notarized must be present with appropriate ID.
- The library does not supply witnesses. Witnesses must accompany the person whose document is notarized. Witnesses will also need proper identification. The Notary cannot act as witness.
- As noted above, the Library provides only basic notary services. Notary service is not available for mortgage or real estate documents, deeds, wills, living wills, living trusts, codicils, or depositions.
- Notaries cannot provide legal advice or counseling regarding documents.
- In accordance with New Jersey Notarial Law, Notaries reserve the right to decline service if the document(s), identification, or circumstances of the request for notary service raise any issue of authenticity, ambiguity, or doubt for the Library.