Where our community gathers, connects, grows, and discovers.
The Demarest Free Public Library is a welcoming community partner offering programs and services that encourage lifelong learning, foster creativity and exploration, and inspire connections.
Optimize available space in the community to meet evolving needs.
Increase public awareness and use of the library’s services and programs.
Build a foundation to strengthen the library’s role within the community.
- Optimize available space in the community to meet evolving needs.
- We have worked to update our adult collections in weak areas, particularly parenting and large print.
- We added a new VOX book collection in the Children’s Room to help new readers.
- We have increased our purchasing of eBooks and digital audiobooks on Libby to meet demand.
- We purchased new, updated computers for the Children’s and Teen Rooms.
- Increase public awareness and use of the library’s services and programs.
- We worked with the newly-established Teen Advisory Board to create new programs.
- We hosted several popular teen movie nights.
- Our Teen Advisory Board organized many well-attended storytimes, parties, and other programs.
- We established a regular Korean- and Hebrew-language storytime.
- Build a foundation to strengthen the library’s role within the community.
- We have worked towards establishing a Friends of the Library group.
- We participated in the Summer Concert Series, Demarest Day, and the borough’s Halloween Parade.
- We worked with community members to offer programs in the Demarest Community Spotlight series, including Yoga with Anat Lavie, a concert from Rhoda Tillack and her daughter, and a local history lecture from Mary Anne Clarke, Borough Historian.