What is the BCCLS app?
The BCCLS app allows patrons to find the nearest library, manage your account, search the catalog, display your virtual library card, see upcoming events, explore available online resources, and stay connected to your local library.
How does it work?
Download the BCCLS app to your mobile device. Open the app when it is installed. Tap “My Account” or the menu button and “Sign In”. You can use your camera to scan your library card barcode or type in the number (no spaces). You’ll also need to enter your PIN/password. (Can’t remember it? Click here to reset your password and a reset link will be sent to the email address connected to your account.)
Once logged in you can:
- Search the catalog by title, author, keyword, or the “Scan ISBN barcode” feature.
- Find nearby libraries and see their hours and locations.
- Manage your account – see what you have checked out and on hold, see if you have any fines or fees, and link accounts.
- Access Libby/OverDrive, hoopla, and Kanopy to borrow online.
- Find links to our social media pages.
- Pull up your digital barcode, which can be used at the library instead of your physical card.
What about my family members’ cards?
Family members’ cards can be linked on the same device. Under “My Account”, tap “Linked Accounts” and then “+ Add” in the upper right corner. You’ll need to log in with your family members’ barcode and PIN/password.
Once added, you’ll be able to see the checkouts, holds, and fines for all the cards linked to your app, place holds under the card of your choosing, and pull up each account’s barcode to check out in the library.