Questions? Call Miss Kate at (201) 768-8714.
Regular monthly programs:
- 3rd & 4th Grade Book Club – come ready for a fun conversation the month’s book. Enjoy some snacks while we talk!
- Arts & Crafts are projects for younger kids to show their creativity.
- Friday Afternoon Movies – come watch the latest and greatest kids’ movies on our big-screen TV! We are not allowed to advertise what movie we are showing online, so please stop by or call the library for the movie of the month.
- Wacky Science is all about using our imaginations to do fun experiments and learn about scientific principles!
Regular programs don’t require registration and can be attended by kids who don’t live in Demarest.
Occasionally throughout the year we have special programs run by outside organizations. While our regular monthly programs are open to all, special programs require registration and are for Demarest residents only. To keep up-to-date on regular and special programs for kids, sign up for Miss Kate’s Updates!
Demarest Learning Club
Demarest Learning Club offers programs for kids led by community members.
- Chess Club
Questions? Email email@example.com
The Demarest Chess Club meets Saturdays from 10:00 to 11:30 in the Programming Room downstairs. All levels are welcome! Registration is not required.
- Girls Who Code
WHAT IS GIRLS WHO CODE?
Girls Who Code is a club for that's part of a community of girls who actively design, code, read, and explore together. Featuring activities, characters, and vocabulary drawn from the best-selling Girls Who Code books, this club seeks to expose girls to bravery, resilience, and computational thinking at the exact moment when research indicates their interest is high.
WHAT HAPPENS DURING A CLUB MEETING?
Each meeting will include fun, interactive activities that are unique to Girls Who Code. A typical meeting starts with girls reading together from part of the book. Then, they discuss questions that relate to both the book and important concepts, like bravery and sisterhood. The club will then take on a creative challenge – either unplugged or online – that relates to the chapter they read.
WHERE, WHEN, AND HOW?
For 3rd to 5th Graders:
- Location: Demarest Free Public Library, Children's Room
- Sunday, March 24
- Sunday, April 7
- Sunday, May 5 – this meeting starts at 1pm
- Sunday, May 19
- Sunday, June 9
- Time: 3:30-4:30pm
- Sign up: Registration is required. Email girlswhocodeNJ8158@gmail.com
- What to bring: Laptops are optional as girls will be working collaboratively
For 6th to 12th Graders:
- Location: Demarest Free Public Library, Conference Room
- Dates: Every Saturday
- Time: 9:15am to 10:45am
- Sign up: Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- This program is free.