WHAT IS GIRLS WHO CODE?
Girls Who Code is a club for that’s part of a community of girls who actively design, code, read, and explore together. Featuring activities, characters, and vocabulary drawn from the best-selling Girls Who Code books, this club seeks to expose girls to bravery, resilience, and computational thinking at the exact moment when research indicates their interest is high.
WHAT HAPPENS DURING A CLUB MEETING?
Each meeting will include fun, interactive activities that are unique to Girls Who Code. A typical meeting starts with girls reading together from part of the book. Then, they discuss questions that relate to both the book and important concepts, like bravery and sisterhood. The club will then take on a creative challenge – either unplugged or online – that relates to the chapter they read.
WHERE, WHEN, AND HOW?
For 3rd to 5th Graders:
- Location: Demarest Free Public Library, Children’s Room
- Sunday, March 24
- Sunday, April 7
- Sunday, May 5 – this meeting starts at 1pm
- Sunday, May 19
- Sunday, June 9
- Time: 3:30-4:30pm
- Sign up: Registration is required. Email girlswhocodeNJ8158@gmail.com
- What to bring: Laptops are optional as girls will be working collaboratively
For 6th to 12th Graders:
- Location: Demarest Free Public Library, Conference Room
- Dates: Every Saturday
- Time: 9:15am to 10:45am
- Sign up: Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- This program is free.