The Demarest Library is currently offering curbside pickup, so start placing holds! How does it work? When can you pick up your items? Follow the link below to find out!
LEARN MORE ABOUT CURBSIDE PICKUP The library has reopened with limited hours and services. We’re open for inside services Monday through Friday from 10am to 2pm and on Sundays from 1pm to 5pm. Curbside pickup will continue with different hours. We’ve made a lot of changes, so please click below to learn more before visiting.
READ ABOUT THE REOPENING
For the foreseeable future, board meetings are still scheduled for the third Monday of the month at 7pm, but will be held virtually.
The next board meeting will be Monday, November 16 from 7pm to 8pm via Google Meet. Access the meeting here, or join by phone: 803-999-3549 (PIN: 844463136)
If you need help or have questions, get in touch! You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond as soon as we are able. Check out our Facebook and Instagram for reading recommendations, virtual storytime, and more!
If you don’t have a library card, you can apply for a card here. If you lost your card, need to renew it, or are having trouble with it, email us at email@example.com
Please take advantage of our digital services! Even if you’re not comfortable returning to the library, you can still borrow books, audiobooks, magazines, and movies.
Helpful Links & Tools
On May 6, DMS Guidance Counselor Sherri Rinckhoff gave a talk about taking care of emotional and mental health during this shutdown. Find a recording of that talk and full list of resources mentioned here.
National, State, & Local
- CDC COVID-19
- NJ COVID-19 Information Hub
- NJ Department of Health
- Bergen County COVID-19
- NJ State Library COVID-19 Resources
- NJ Coronavirus Small Business Support and Resources
Guides for Parents
- Talking about COVID-19: A Parent Resource from the National Association of School Psychologists
- Talking with Children about Coronavirus from the CDC
- A Kid’s Guide to the Coronavirus from “The Daily” by The New York Times
- No More School, No More Books: Homeschooling & the Coronavirus on NPR
Hygiene, Health, & Safety
- Bergen County Hotlines
- COVID-19 & Stress Management from Sherri Rinckhoff, DMS Guidance Counselor
- Guide to Cleaning & Disinfecting from the CDC
- Is the Virus in My Clothes? My Shoes? My Hair? My Newspaper? from The New York Times
- A User’s Guide to Masks from The New York Times (no subscription to the Times? Get free access through the library.)
- When 511 Epidemiologists expect to Fly, Hug, and Do 18 Other Everyday Activities Again from The New York Times
Library Updates & Resources