Libby is a platform for eBooks, digital audiobooks, and digital magazines available to BCCLS library card holders. Over 2,000 titles are available on a wide range of subjects, including The Economist, National Geographic, The New Yorker, US Weekly, Vanity Fair, and more! Libby magazines can be read on your computer or on their app on your smartphone or tablet.
What do I need to get started?
- A valid library card.
- TheLibby app by OverDrive. All versions are available to download here.
How do I get the magazine I want?
- The first time you open the Libby app, log in by searching for and selecting “Bergen County Cooperative Library System” and then entering your library card number. On a computer, follow the same procedure on the Libby homepage.
- Once logged in, use the Libby website or the app to find a magazine. The most recent issue will be displayed, with any available back-issues in the magazine’s details page.
- When you find the magazine and issue you want, you’ll see a link to Borrow.
- Once the magazine is checked out, it will appear in the Shelf section of your Libby app. Tap the cover to open.
- Magazines can be borrowed for 14 days at a time and do not count against your Libby eBook & audiobook checkout limit.
Help! I can’t get this to work!
If you need help, you can drop by the library and meet with Orla, our instructional technology librarian, for one-on-one help. You can also call us at 201-768-8714 for help or to set up a meeting.
Here are some more resources: