Hoopla is a streaming service for eBooks, movies, TV shows, music, and audiobooks. Thousands of titles are available and new content is added weekly. There are no waiting lists – check out material whenever you want! Hoopla is available through hoopladigital.com or through their app.
What do I need to get started?
- A valid library card.
- A computer to access the website or a device to access the Hoopla app. Hoopla works on iPhones, the iPod Touch, iPads, Apple TV, Android devices, the Kindle Fire HDX, Roku, and with Google Chromecast.
- If you want to view videos from Hoopla on your computer: You will need the Widevine plug-in. You will be prompted to install this plug-in the first time you play a Hoopla video on your computer. Don’t worry, this is normal and Widevine is safe to install!
How to I get the title I want?
- Use the Hoopla website or app to find a title.
- When you find a title you’re interested in, click or tap on the cover art for more information. If you want to borrow it, click or tap on the “Borrow” button.
- A “Play” or “Read” button will appear as soon as you’ve borrowed the item. The title is available through the description page or under “My Titles”, which you can find on the Hoopla home screen.
- The title will automatically be returned when it has expired.
- Movies and TV episodes are available for 3 days
- Music albums are available for 7 days
- eBooks and eAudiobooks are available for 21 days