Reports to: Library Director
- High school diploma and 5 years satisfactory experience, or
- College degree and 3 years bookkeeping experience, or
- Any equivalent combination of training education and experience
- Prior experience and advanced knowledge of QuickBooks
- Experience working with libraries preferred
- Manages the bookkeeping and financial reporting for Demarest Public Library. Receives income figures and produces expenditure disbursements by printed checks.
- Keeps accurate and up-to-date financial reports on all monies received and disbursed by the Library.
- Receives and prepares invoices and produces vouchers and checks.
- Maintains a current bill list as reported in the Transaction Report.
- Maintains current standing order lists and vendor lists.
- Produces monthly financial reports (Income & Expense vs. Budget, Income & Expense Budget vs. Actuals, Profit & Loss Year-to-Year Comparison, Transaction Report, Petty Cash Statement, Bank Reconciliations, Payroll Reports, Appropriation Report, etc.)
- Assist the Director for annual audit and state aid report.
- Reconciles checkbooks and bank statement each month.
- Works with the Director, Board of Trustee Treasurer, and Budget Committee to produce a budget and adjust reporting as necessary.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Other: Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with Library colleagues, Board Treasurer, and Library vendors.
Please email your resume, cover letter and three professional references to Library Director, Parinda Desai, email@example.com. Only qualified candidates will be contacted. No phone calls or visits, please.