Who can participate?
Demarest kids ages 2 and up can register for summer reading.
When is it?
Summer reading starts Monday, June 18th and ends Friday, August 17th.
How does it work?
- Sign up for the program either by getting a paper log from Miss Kate or registering on Beanstack. On Beanstack, a family may sign up as one account and add multiple readers.
- If your child is age six or under, you can log the books they’ve read on your paper log or via the Beanstack website or app (Apple / Android). Kids seven and up can use their logs to keep track of how many pages they’ve read.
- Every time you borrow books from the library, you can select a small prize from the treasure chest at Miss Kate’s desk.
- Write reviews for the books you’ve read in Beanstack to earn bonus entries into the Summer Reading Raffle.
- Attend events at the library throughout the summer to earn special badges.
- For an extra challenge, your child can complete the learning track for their age group – and get a special prize!
What can I win?
- At the end of the summer we’ll hold two raffles. Everything logged, every badge earned, every review written – they all count towards your entries. The more you participate, the better your chances of winning!
- Kids 2 to 6: the Grand Prize is a craft bag with Play-Doh, a coloring book, crayons, and more!
- Kids 7 to 11: the Grand Prize is a tote with books and an Amazon gift card!
- Didn’t win the raffle? You still get rewarded for all your hard work! Kids who complete the program minimums get a certificate, bookmarks, and a personalized bookplate to place in the library book of their choice.